Technical University Varna
At the Technical University of Varna, students and PhD are selected to participate in the Erasmus + Programme through a selection procedure, which is carried out by the Directorate for International Cooperation and Foreign Students.
The step-by-step procedure is as follows:
The minimum stay is two calendar months and the scholarship is paid only for the actual hours worked by the trainee at employer’s company. This has to be proved with the documents submitted to the ERASMUS office upon the trainee’s return.
Requirements for the applicants
At the time of applying, the student has to have continuous student rights. Graduate students may also apply for a traineeship, provided that they have been selected prior to their graduation and do the traineeship within one year after their graduation. An important condition for the traineeship is to be done in the field of the student’s degree course at TU-Varna. Application deadlines: The students wiling to participate in the programme may apply at any time during the year. The funds for the programme are strictly determined and applications for participation are accepted until the grant has been spent. Expected grants for the Academic year 2018/2019:
|Group||Country||Monthly grant (EUR / month)|
Countries participating in the program with a high standard of living
|Austria, UK, Ireland, Italy, Finland, France, Sweden||720|
Countries participating in the program with an average standard of living
|Belgium, Germany, Greece, Spain, Portugal, Slovenia, Turkey, Croatia, the Netherlands, the Czech Republic||720|
Countries participating in the program with a low standard of living
|Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Hungary||670|
Preparation of documents
1. Students prepare a CV and a motivation letter (if required by the employer) and send them to the employers of their choice. The activities of the employer’s company have to be in the field of the students’ degree courses.
2. After receiving approval from their prospective employer, the students submit to the Erasmus Office of the University an Acceptance Letter by the employer and submit an Erasmus + Mobility Application Form. The application is considered by the Academic Exchange Commission.
3. The next step is to prepare the following documents:
• If TU-Varna does not have a bilateral agreement (Letter of Intent) with the employer, such an agreement has to be signed in duplicate with the assistance of the student.
• The selected students prepare a Learning Agreement for Traineeship) in triplicate. This agreement has to be signed by the student, the Dean of the respectivefaculty and the employer.
• A Grant Agreement which is prepared before the student’s departure.
A LIST OF THE MANNING COMPANIES, PARTNERS OF TU-VARNA under the “ERASMUS +” Program / for Practices onboard ships/:
• COM Maritime LTD / BMF/, Malta / working language – Bulgarian /
• IHB SHIPPING C / O W.J.Parnis, England / working language – Bulgarian /
• OVERSEAS MARITIME LTD / OCEANCREW /, Cyprus / working language – Bulgarian /
• COSMOS AGENCY / GalaxyPowerGmbH /, England / working language – English /
• ZODIAC Maritime Agencies Ltd., England / working language – English /
Signing a grant agreement
Prior to your departure for the partner university, you have to sign a grant agreement and submit a declaration which states that you have a bank account. In the form of the agreement you have to only fill in your personal details and your bank account details and then send it to the Erasmus office of TU-Varna by email.
It is obligatory to fill in the address of the bank in the bank account declaration only if the account was opened in a foreign bank. In such case the overseas address of the student is also required.
If it is not possible for you to sign the contract in person, a relative or friend of yours may do this for you but in such case they have to present a notarized power of attorney. A sample of a power of attorney with the basic requirements for it can be downloaded from the set of documents below.
Upon signing the agreement you will receive 80% of the amount of money which is payable for the entire period of the traineeship.
After your return you have to submit the required after mobility documents. We are going to calculate the duration of your actual stay and you may receive the remaining 20% of the grant. If your actual stay was shorter than that set out in your agreement, the remainder of the grant which you will receive will be reduced.
Online linguistic support
Every student participating in the Erasmus + programme is required to do an online test to determine their level of language fluency before and after the mobility if the working language during mobility is a foreign one for them. All participants whose level is lower than C1 are also offered a free online language course. Online language support is available in the following languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Czech, Danish, Polish, Dutch, Slovenian and Greek.
Upon your return, within 15 days you have to submit the following documents to the ERASMUS Office of TU-Varna:
1. Transcript of works – signed by the mentor at the company by which you were employed.
2. Certificate of Stay – signed and stamped by your employer.
3. A second document certifying the duration of your actual stay abroad *, such as travel tickets (a roundtrip ticket+ boarding passes if you travelled by plane); a copy of your international passport if any stamps were put on it at the border; or a rental agreement translated into Bulgarian language by a licenced agency with your check-in and check-out dates specified.
*NB! Only one of the three documents which is complementary to the Certificate of Stay is required.
4. A Work Report in Bulgarian language which has to be prepared in accordance with a standard form and sent by email to email@example.com.
Immediately after the expiry of the period of your mobility under your grant agreement, you are going to receive an electronic questionnaire in English language /EUSurvey. After you have answered all questions you should submit it by selecting „submit“ buton and you should save your report as a PDF file. Thus you may prove that you filled it in and submitted it, if any technical problem arise with its automatic reporting to the EUSurvey Platform. Only in such case you will be required by your ERASMUS + Coordinator to send him the abovementioned PDF file.
When planning your return you should note that the remaining 20% of the grant is paid after the actual duration of the traineeship has been proved by the documents presented to the ERASMUS office after the mobility. If there is any discrepancy between the arrival and departure dates in both documents, the later date of arrival and the earlier date of departure will be accepted. If the agreement is for a longer period, the 20% of the grant which is paid to you after your return will be reduced. If there is a difference between your actual stay and the stay specified in the agreement, you may have to reimburse a portion of the grant you were awarded.
After carrying out the mobility activities, every student can be issued a Certificate of Participation in the Erasmus + Programme by the Directorate for International Cooperation and Foreign Students of TU-Varna (this has to be requested in advance).