- Bulgaria has 2477 reported cases of COVID-19 within its borders.
- Bulgaria has 134 reported fatalities from COVID-19 within its borders.
- Bulgaria is following WHO and ECDC guidance on threat mitigation.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- There are no new restrictions or requirements, though the MFA is advising Bulgarian citizens to avoid travel to China unless absolutely necessary. Travelers arriving from China are subject to medical checks at points of entry and if there is evidence of infection may be placed in quarantine.
- Thermal cameras are in use at airports for remote monitoring of passenger temperature. Experts from regional health institutes are present 24/7. Passengers arriving from the COVID-19 transmission area who have an elevated temperature are isolated for further tests and removal to hospital if necessary. Persons with a positive test result will be placed in quarantine.
Quarantine Information: The quarantine period is 14 days. The main quarantine location for positively diagnosed and admitted patients is the Military Medical Academy in Sofia. Asymptomatic and mildly symptomatic patients should quarantine at home.