You can find the required documents for enrollment in Technical University of Varna in the link below
1. A filled-in Application form with the applicant`s short personal data, home address, e-mail address, tephone number, desired course, etc.
2. Six passport-size photographs.
3. Copies of the applicant`s passport (the page with his/her full name with Latin letters, date and place of birth).
4. A notarially attested copy of the applicant`s secondary school certificate/diploma
5. A notarially attested copy of the supplement of the certificate/diploma containing the applicant’s marks from the secondary school. The system of evaluation of the respective country of origin of the applicant should be explained in detail.
1. A certificate issued by the applicant's high-school or another authorized institution, stating that the applicant has the right to continue his/her education in any university in his/her country .
2. A letter from the applicant`s parents stating that they will be covering all the expenses of the applicant during his/her stay in Bulgaria.
3. A medical certificate. It should be issued at least a month prior to applying to TU-Varna.
*The documents from 4 to 8 should be with an authenticating seal affixed. Copies are not accepted.
Applicants should send the required documents to the following address:
Technical University of Varna
Department of Foreign Students and PhD students
1 Studentska Str.
The minimum mean rating mark from specific subjects, taught at school SHOULD NOT be less than 62% out of the maximum value of the assessment system in the respective country. For the Technical University these subjects are:
All documents should be translated into Bulgarian and certified (legalized) by the Bulgarian Consulate/Embassy in the applicant`s country of origin or with an Apostille stamp. If you find it difficult to translate in Bulgarian, submit it into English.
No, except the fee for the Online English Level Test – 50 Euro (for determining the level). Details can be found HERE.
When we receive your documents, we are sending them immediately to the Ministry of Education and Science for approval. It takes maximum a month for approval.
After the Ministry of Education and Science issued the Certificate, we will send it to you and with it you are going to apply for students visa “D” type. Visa issuing takes 45 days.
All documents should be translated into Bulgarian and certified (legalized) by the Bulgarian Consulate/Embassy in the applicant`s country of origin or with an Apostille stamp. If you find it difficult to translate in Bulgarian, submit it into English. We can make the service for translation and legalization for you.
If you choose to study in Bulgarian language you are going to start the first year in preparatory course in Bulgarian.
If you chose to study in English language you are going to start the first year in preparatory course in English. If you have certificate for English language level В 2 (Upper-Intermediate) like IELTS, CAMBRIDGE, TOEFL, you can skip the preparatory course. More information about international certificates you can find HERE
The application deadline is 30th September of the year of the intake.
The fee must be paid before applying for visa. You will need to show the payment slip when you apply for visa in the Embassy.
Yes, you can work up to 4 hours per day, because if you are in full-time studies mode you must attend lectures every day.
International students are provided with accommodation at the student hostels of TU Varna. They are situated near the university and students do not need to use public transport in order to get to the university. Students may be accommodated in double or triple rooms.
The monthly rent for foreign students at the student hostels is approximately 65 EUR for a bed in a double room and approximately 70 EUR for a bed in a triple room. Electricity supply, water supply and heating are not included in this price.
Students renting a room make a pre-payment to the amount of one month’s rent in order to cover the risk of certain damages.
For International students there are scholarships for grade point average.
The document from the bank for the paid tuition fee should be on your name. Don’t enter the names of the applicant’s parents, relatives or consultants.
You should get a visa for your training in the Republic of Bulgaria. You should receive it from the Consular section of the Embassy in the Republic of Bulgaria in the country of residence of the applicant after the submission of the following documents:
Getting a visa
In order a visa to be issued for training in the Republic of Bulgaria, you have to do the following:
- Certificate, issued by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Bulgaria, which certifies that you are admitted as a student at the Technical University of Varna.
- Certificate, issued by Technical University of Varna, for booking a room in the students’ hostels
Certificate for training at Technical University of Varna, issued by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Bulgaria.
Certificate for booking a room in the halls of residence of the Technical University of Varna.
Document from the bank for the paid tuition fee in Technical University of Varna, on the name of the applicant.
After getting a visa you have to register yourself at Technical University of Varna. After your arrival at TU-Varna you should submit within 3 days at the “Migration” Directorate, Regional Directorate "Ministry of Interior" documents for long stay permission and address registration.
After the arrival in Varna you should submit within 3 days at the “Migration” Directorate, Regional Directorate "Ministry of Interior" documents for long stay permission and address registration.
If you are in our hostel, the monthly rent for foreign students at the student hostels is approximately 65 EUR for a bed in a double room and approximately 70 EUR for a bed in a triple room. Electricity supply, water supply and heating are not included in this price.
If you chose our university canteen, you will need up to 5,5 Euro per day.
Food prices in Varna are as the average prices in Europe.