On 17.02.2021 was held an online coordination meeting for discussion on a topic: Improving the cooperation between Bulgaria and China in the field of education. On behalf of the Technical University of Varna, the meeting was attended by Prof. Rozalina Dimova – Vice Rektor for Internationalization and Assoc. Prof. Pavlina NASKOVA – Director of the International Cooperation. .
On 17.02.2021 was held an online coordination meeting for discussion on a topic: Improving the cooperation between Bulgaria and China in the field of education. On behalf of the Technical University of Varna, the meeting was attended by Prof. Rozalina Dimova – Vice Rektor for Internationalization and Assoc. Prof. Pavlina NASKOVA – Director of the International Cooperation.
The program includes the following points:
1) Interest from China to Bulgaria in the field of higher education – moderator Mrs. Maria I. Naidenova
a) Analysis of the demand on the Chinese market – Lecturer: Mr. Metodi Negrevski – longtime university lecturer in Beijing and manager of the international education company “Edulab”
– Interest of Chinese students to study in China: reasons for Chinese students to choose to study abroad; types of educational programs abroad that attract the strongest interest from Chinese students; shortcomings of the programs for foreign students in Bulgaria
– General interest from Chinese universities for cooperation with Bulgarian universities: a brief overview of the Chinese education sector and cooperation with foreign universities for common educational programs; presentation of Bulgarian universities in China at educational exhibitions; Presentation of Chinese universities at exhibitions in Bulgaria?
b) The training of Chinese staff in the specialty “Bulgarian Studies” – Speaker: Maria I. Naidenova, Head of Culture and Education at the Embassy of the Republic of Bulgaria in Beijing
– Support from the Bulgarian Embassy to the development of the specialty “Bulgarian Studies” in China
– Coordination by the embassy in connection with summer camps in Bulgarian language and exchange programs of students in Bulgarian universities
– Cooperation of Bulgarian and Chinese universities in the field of Bulgarian studies
2) Information about Chinese students in Bulgaria – Ministry of Education and Science
3) Programs of Bulgarian universities for international (Chinese) students – moderator Mrs. Maria I. Naidenova
a) Educational degree, disciplines, and choice of language of instruction
b) Prices, provision of a dormitory, etc. living conditions
4) Discussion: Improving the efficiency of direct attraction of Chinese students from Bulgarian universities – moderator Mr. Metodi Negrevski
a) Ways of presence and solutions for better performance of Bulgarian universities in China
b) Types of educational and cultural exhibitions that are appropriate and effective
c) Preparation for an impressive presentation of the universities during such exhibitions
5) Discussion: Expectations and desires of Chinese students and the challenges of the international education market – What programs are Chinese students looking for? – moderator Mr. Metodi Negrevski
a) Reasons why Chinese students prefer types of programs and conditions for studying abroad – citizenship of a specific Chinese province, etc.
b) Which conditions of Bulgarian universities are perceived as unfavorable or undesirable by Chinese students?
c) How should the offered conditions and programs in Bulgaria be adapted to suit the Chinese consumer?
d) How to present in an appropriate way to the attention of Chinese students the opportunity to study in Bulgaria? – points of attraction
6) Perspectives of the cooperation Bulgaria – China in the field of higher education in the expected post-pandemic conditions – moderator Mrs. Maria I. Naidenova
a) How to utilize the time of stagnation in mobility during the pandemic to prepare for post-pandemic cooperation?
b) Proposal for the establishment of an informal working group for cooperation Bulgaria – China in the field of education in the expected post-pandemic conditions.