THIS IS SINGLE-SPECIALTIES
Professional field: TRANSPORT, NAVIGATION AND AVIATION
Professional qualification: MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Academic degree: BACHELOR
Form of Study: FULL-TIME
Term of Study: 4 years / 8 semesters
Language of instruction:
– organization and management of the operation of marine machinery and plants on board merchant ships, marine structures and off-shore platforms; design and engineering of marine machinery, systems and plants;
– research of the designs and of the operation of marine machinery and plants;
– assembly, repair and commissioning of marine machinery, systems and plants in the building and repair of ships and marine structures;
– control of the enforcement of the regulations on labour safety and protection and environment protection;
– control of the observation of the regulations of the classification societies on ship classification and control, and of the State Shipping Inspectorate. The marine engineer can: design and engineer marine engines, systems and plants; assemble, set up and test marine engines, systems and plants; operate and maintain marine engines, systems and plants; organize and manage administrative, economical and business activities and train executive staff.
The graduates could be employed in the field of design, production and maintenance of marine engines, machinery, systems and plants as designers, technologists and specialists on the production in shipbuilding and ship repair yards, thermal power stations, machine-building works, design companies institutes as well as engineers on board ships, floating platforms and other marine technical constructions.
Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering Dpt.
HOD: Assoc. Prof. I. Kostova
Phone: +359 52 383 369
Room: 402 M
Secretary: S. Miteva
Phone: +359 52 383 290
Room: 403 M
Zuhran Kadieva, LL.M
Phone: +359 52 383 333
Room: 326 NUK