Professional orientation:TRANSPORT, NAVIGATION AND AVIATION Department of Navigation, Transport Management and Waterways Preservation
Type of training:FULL-TIME
Language of instruction:
HOD: Assos. Prof. Eng. Alexandrov,
Phone: +359 52 383 701, Room: 401 NUK
Technicalcoordinator: eng. Valeriya Kostova,
Phone: +359 52 383 233, Room: 402 NUK
Professional orientation:TRANSPORT, NAVIGATION AND AVIATION
Department of Navigation, Transport Management and Waterways Preservation
Course Duration: 3 semesters (1.5 years)
Requirements: This is a consecutive Master’s Degree Course designed for those who have acquired a Bachelor’s Degree in Navigation. The graduation procedure is a Master’s Thesis Defence, the third (last) semester focusing on the thesis preparation. No visual acuity and color vision deficiency is acceptable.
The Training Course meets the requirements of the STCW Convention and complies with IMO Model Course 7.01. The curriculum and the syllabi are approved by the Executive agency “Maritime Administration”.
Career path: Upon successful completion of the Master’s Degree Course in Navigation, the career opportunities of the graduates include:
– Chief Officers and Captains of seagoing ships, floating platforms and marine structures;
– Shipping agents;
– Shipowner representatives;
– Classification organizations;
– Maritime Administration Inspectors;
– Captains in port fleets;
– Officers at Shipping Control Agencies;
– Crewing agencies;
– Civil servants in government and private companies related to shipping and organizing search and rescue operations;
– Lecturers in training centres for seafarers.
Upon successfully completed examination, the specialists with the Master`s Degree Diploma in Navigation could continue their education for acquiring a PhD Degree.